Wasserman is a global organization that powers the business of sports, live music and culture.
We’re looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic, bilingual (Spanish/English), Social Media Manager, to craft the strategy and tell the stories, of specific areas of our business. This candidate will manage channels including the cross disciplinary sports and marketing work for Wasserman Spain, and our Global Football channels.
These are significant channels representing important businesses in our portfolio. You will be required to get familiar with our company and our roster, create relationships with our agents, participate in our culture, employ compelling content strategies and use all of the tools available, to communicate with our various audiences and communities through social media.
We work in a fast-paced environment, so the ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running, thrive in a demanding atmosphere and work brilliantly in a team environment, but equally, you are comfortable when required to work independently.
Core roles and responsibilities;
- Help tell Wasserman’s story in the social space, including work with sports talent, brands amp; properties, and musical artists, maintaining an appropriate, unique, and consistent voice, tone and point-of-view.
- Be the primary manager of Wasserman’s global football and Spain-based social media accounts, working with agents and staff across different sports to support their vision and ensure healthy, active feeds.
- Develop content ideas for Wasserman’s social media channels, including but not limited to Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Create content plans and calendars, and implement processes to execute the plans across the entire sports talent representation division.
- Provide support and guidance to the various sub-brand social media channels used throughout the company.
- Build and define a dedicated audience unique to each platform.
- Generate and maintain social media guidelines and best practices for the company that support Wasserman’s mission and strengthen the brand.
- Communicate with key staff, including agents and executives, on content requests.
- Engage with the audience through exceptional copy that is relevant to the social space.
- Manage the process of creating original visual content, including graphics and videos, and contribute to producing assets as-needed.
- Generate analytics reports on the performance of the channels, share findings with internal teams, and make suggestions based off this analysis.
- Work closely with the global communications department to execute and uphold the overall Wasserman marketing and communications strategy.
- 5+ years of experience developing social media creative, editing copy and engaging with online audience.
- Bilingual Spanish/English mandatory, trilingual preferred (ideally one of French/Italian/German)
- Expertise in the function and utilization of major social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, Snapchat, etc.).
- Flawless spelling and grammar.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple priorities and strict deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized.
- The desire and willingness to learn new skills and identify platforms as they emerge.
- Initiative to stay on top of trends and online conversation.
- Passion for sports and sports business is preferred. Basic sports knowledge is a must.
- Ability to build relationships internally and become a trusted resource.
- Experience with social media performance measurement tools.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Photoshop, video editing and visual effects capabilities a plus.
- Annual Discretionary Bonus
- 25 days per annum plus UK bank holidays, and additional DEamp;I days
- Hybrid Working
- Pension: 4.5% employee // employer contribution with Aviva
- Income Protection: Pays you 75% of your base salary in the event that you are absent from work due to illness or injury for 13 consecutive weeks or more, capped at 5 years
- Life Assurance: Pays your nominated beneficiary four times your base salary in the event of your death whilst employed by the Company
- Employee Assistance Programme (Wellbeing support for you and family living with you // free legal and financial advice, including telephone and potentially in person counselling)
- Season Ticket Loan
Optional benefits (post probation)
- Health Cash back plan which provides you with reimbursements for everyday medical costs including dental, optical, prescriptions amp; physical therapies